Thursday, April 23, 2009

Interview with an Artist: David Still



"STAINLESS STEEL AND TITANIUM PUZZLE RING WITH STARS NECKLACE"

"LARGE AGED BRASS RAZOR BLADE AND FUSED TITANIUM AND STAINLESS STEEL PENDANT NECKLACE"

Me: What do you design and how would you describe your design aesthetic?
David: I design jewelry with hints of many things past and present, the heavy metals of medieval times, the delicate taste of the Victorian era, and the futuristic beauty of today’s modern marvels. I would describe my design aesthetic as very industrial with a twist of mythological fantasy. I love to create jewelry and accessories to tempt the mind to explore all realms of possibility.


Me: What inspires you?
David: I am most definitely inspired by the weather. I know, it might sound a bit odd, but in all actuality the current weather can set the tone for the day. It’s kind of like music, sadder slower songs tend to invoke emotions of sorrow or want, while faster more up tempo songs can inspire a happier more dedicated, go-getting attitude. The rain also has a big influence on my creative process. It’s kind of like tears from heaven, divine drops of inspiration falling on my skin and soaking into my pores rousing up the creative beings from within to help me form an original masterpiece. Gotta love it!

Me: When did you start doing what you’re doing?
David: For as long as I can remember I have been tinkering with odds and ends to create whatever I thought was beautiful, I took EVERYTHING apart. Now in my adult years, I have been creating and selling jewelry and accessories professionally for close to 3 years.

Me: What are you working on now?
David: Currently I am working on a line of custom industrial bracelets and necklaces featuring heavy chains, sterling silver, and thick solid metals that will ring very true to the rocker lifestyle. Make sure to stay tuned!

Me: How do customers react to your product?
David: I love my customers, and the feeling I get from their reactions to my pieces are unrivaled. They seem to appreciate the originality of their specific piece of jewelry, and the thought that goes into its creation. Even though what I make tends to reflect my own personal tastes, I do very much take into account the needs and wants of my customers. Everything I do is for the people. I live for the people, and it brings me great joy to hear that they are more than pleased with their purchase.

Me: Is there anything else you would like to share with us?
David: I would like to share with you the quote I shared with the handmade community when I took the handmade pledge;“INSPIRING GREATNESS FROM THE HANDS IN WHICH LIFE TAKES PRIDE FILLS HUMANITY WITH PRIDE ITSELF."

Me: What is you favorite item you offer for sale now?
David: Wow this is a tough one, but if I had to choose my favorite item for sale at the moment it would be “The Clock Works Orange” That is the piece that best represents my overall style, heavy metals, the contrast of light and dark, and the fusion of modern industrial, and mythological fantasy.

"The Clock Works Orange Brass Hematite and Silver Industrial SteamPunk Necklace"

For more items please visit: NIGHTS-NEVER-ENDING

No comments:

Post a Comment