Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Interview with an Artist: Sabine Andrea Bohnert


"Hard Wired - Abstract Sterling Silver Pendant - Necklace"

"Misty - Whimsical Sterling Silver Pendant Necklace With Amethyst And Bezel Set Carnelian"

Me: What do you design and how would you describe your design aesthetic?
Sabine: I am not sure if I have a specific style of jewelry. I love simple, uncluttered jewelry and the combining of organic shapes with precious or semi-precious stones.

Me: What inspires you?
Sabine: I mainly get inspired by my surroundings. The rugged northern Norwegian rawness and beauty of its nature. Also, since having moved to Norway I find the arctic light situation quite interesting. The darkness from the end of October until late February really makes me want to basically live in my studio because I find it extremely cozy and inspiring to be inside when it’s dark and snowy out. The summer on the other hand makes me want to take my camera everywhere with me. I love shooting nature photography and you can often find me in the local botanical garden where I love to sit and observe all the beautiful arctic botanicals. My designs tend to differ actually quite a bit during those different seasons. Right now I like keeping things nice and brightly polished whereas in the winter I tend to want create mystical and oxidized designs.

Me: When did you start doing what you’re doing?
Sabine: I have been making jewelry off and on since I was in my late teens and have started metalsmithing about 5 years ago.

Me: What are you working on now?
Sabine: I am working on some inspirational designs and some rough and rugged pieces that I think will turn out really nice.

Me: How do customers react to your product?
Sabine: I have been extremely lucky with the customers I have had so far. They seem to like my product. I have a 100% positive feedback in my Etsy shop and hopefully that is a sign of satisfied customers.

Me: What is you favorite item you offer for sale now?
Sabine: That is like having three kids and then trying to pick out a favorite:-) That is a tough one since I put so many different emotions and feelings into each piece. I really love my "Yo´Jeans" - Lapis pendant necklace and my "Another fallen star" - molten sterling silver pebble pendant necklace.

"Another Falling Star - Sterling Silver Molten Pendant Necklace"

"Yo' Jeans - Lapis Necklace"

Me: Is there anything else you would like to share with us?
Sabine: I just want people to know that I absolutely love what I do and strive to make great quality products.

For more items visit:
Sabine A. Jewelry Design

No comments:

Post a Comment